Recognizing symptoms of dementia and knowing how to reduce stress and resistance during precarious situations is vital for emergency personnel. “Improving Emergency Services for Dementia Patients” teaches law enforcement officers, fire fighters, EMTs, 911 Dispatchers, and emergency room personnel how to best handle challenging behaviors and issues related to abuse or neglect.
– about Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia
– to recognize common signs and symptoms
– how to best help the person with dementia in cases of abuse, neglect, fraud, theft, wandering/elopement, and medical emergencies
– how to best communicate with a person with dementia
– to use a positive physical approach in interactions for improved outcomes
– how to get a person with dementia to cooperate and follow instructions
Run Time: Approx. 105 minutes