Dental care, immensely important to a person’s overall health, becomes more and more challenging for caregivers as the patient’s dementia progresses.
Learn effective techniques to handle challenging situations and provide the best dental care for a person with dementia, including but not limited to Alzheimer’s, Lewy Body or Frontotemporal Dementia.
– about causes for common dental care issues and how to overcome them – why people with dementia are likely to react negatively to common oral care procedures
– about changes in motor skills and sensation
– about vision changes, such as binocular vision and inability to recognize objects
– about verbal, visual, auditory, touch and tactile cues to improve cooperation
– how to create a more calming environment through changes to lighting, temperature, and more
– about techniques and tools to adapt oral care techniques to increase cooperation and improve dental care results
Run Time: Approx. 140 minutes