Are you caring for a person living in the late stages of dementia?
Whether you work in skilled, hospice, or in a home care setting, this program is a must-see for anyone who seeks to provide the most comfort, dignity and quality of life to the person living with dementia.
This program offers step-by-step instructions and hands-on skills for a variety of late stage care needs, all based on Positive ApproachTM techniques to help care partners handle even the trickiest of care tasks and reduce their risk of injury.
• How to calmly get a person out of bed while protecting your back
• How to safely transfer a person from bed to wheelchair
• How to best transfer a person from bed to wheelchair using a SARA lift
• How to bathe and dress a person in bed while protecting their dignity
• How to assist with eating and drinking using the most compassionate care techniques
Run Time: Approx. 115 minutes